Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class User Support Specialist Help Desk to join us in supporting the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection. The location is at the FTC Constitution Center, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20506.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you thrive on sharing you knowledge and technical expertise, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Provides telephone help desk and on-site support to end users.
- Provides assistance in using hardware and software. Applications supported will be chiefly litigation support applications, but may also include other office applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and graphics packages.
- Monitors incoming requests and performs different help desk functions such as answering and responding to user phone calls, changing passwords, troubleshooting problems with software, and resolving routine problems and basic tips for users.
- Provides user level training to attorneys, paralegals, investigators, and other government employees.
- Prepares training approach and materials.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Experience providing direct end-user support for the applications being supported, including both telephone support and on-site assistance to users.
- Prior teaching/training experience involving computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications strongly preferred.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Prior experience in automated litigation support.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner important.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- Certifications by relevant software providers – preferred.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments - extremely helpful.
- Undergraduate degree - valued.
- Paralegal experience - helpful.
- Current or active clearance - preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.