In this role, the candidate will support the core engineering and operations and maintenance team in system integration of cross domain systems (CDS) and other security technologies in a small team environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible for leading engineering/laboratory systems support and operations & maintenance activities on existing CDS systems. Will perform deployment, integration, troubleshooting and testing of new data flows by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. Additionally, will provide immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
- Build and manage systems in a VMW lab infrastructure and production environments
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates in lab and production systems
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Assist with buildout of lab infrastructure servers, test clients, development environment
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within priority response times
- Write/run scripts to which perform routine monitoring, maintenance, and metrics on the production systems
- Set-up/maintain user accounts and support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Strong Linux system administration of CENTOS and RHEL servers demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment
- Experience supporting data center activities; integrating with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, racking and stacking equipment
- Experience in system integration, test, and debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration; Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage)
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in a enterprise/datcenter IT environment
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux systems
- Basic development of scripts for system health checks, monitoring, deployments, etc.
- Experience with system scanning/hardening (STIGS)
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications
- A team player with organization skills, can follow written instructions or technical guides, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI through CI polygraph
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- Scripting and programming in languages such as: Bash, Perl, Python
- Networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions)
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.