Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an InfoSec Security Engineer (SME) who will serve as the Principal Security Engineer that will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems. In this role, the ISSE will be involved in all aspects involving the security of the information system. The role designs, develops and implements security requirements as part of an Agile team. The ISSE will oversee ISSO's with preparing documentation for RMF (Risk Management Framework). Responsible for developing test procedures and contingency plans as part of the assessment and authorization (A&A) process. Conducts/Perform complex risk and vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies. Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies. Develops, tests, and integrates/automates security tools. Assess system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems to determine compliancy and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration. Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to minimize identified risks. Aids in computer incident investigations.
- Serve as the principal Security Engineer to the information system owner (Deliver Owners) and the ISSO on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving the security of the information system
- Coordinate with the team’s Teams Tech Leads to provide technical direction and guidance to software developers and systems administrators for security related development and engineering tasks
- The ISSE will work with ISSO's who are involved in gathering, preparing, and maintaining the information systems Body of Evidence (Systems Security Plans (SSP)) and other security related documentation
- Support Achievement of Authority to Test (ATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Develop and implement Continuous Monitoring processes
- Assist project team with creating/maintaining and running automation scripts or manual steps for securely configuring systems, testing and ensuring cyber compliance of all systems.
- Propose mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities identified in the system
- Investigate and mitigate cyber security incidents
- Verify and maintain security and technical configurations: Interpret and propose technical solutions for security requirements/controls
- Assess the impacts on system modifications and technological advances
- Manage and review security logs and taking required actions
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security design
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Participate in the change management process
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus, cryptography systems, SIEM, Anti-SPAM, and MDM.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SIEM, VPN, SSL, application control, Antivirus, and other network component policies.
- Investigate and respond to cyber security incidents (system and/or network breaches, malware attacks) and implement forensic investigations.
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Ensure the clients data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Will be the SME for the Cyber team
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Expert knowledge in the area of information assurance and cyber security engineering
- Expert knowledge with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidates must have a typically require MS degree and 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, Nessus Security Center, Appdetective, WebInspect, Xacta
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Cloud Architecture / Software Development
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- AWS/Azure/Google Certifications
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
- Experience with SAFe Agile Framework
- Candidates must have a typically require MS degree and 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.