Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Disability Leave, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Pandemic Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this role!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide network engineering support to the contract focusing on SIGINT systems interconnectivity. Primary responsibilities will include design, integration, test, operations, and maintenance of connecting networks. As a Senior Network Engineer on our team you will be working with the largest systems we support. You must be ready to hit the ground running! Experience with switches, routers, encryption devices, copper and fiber connectivity and protocols are extremely important and necessary to be successful in this role. Experience with Cisco devices is required, as is some knowledge of file storage applications in native and virtual environments.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Networking or related field of study. Experience and certifications will be considered on a case by case basis in lieu of Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience in network design or network security.
- CCNP Certification is not required but will qualify as 1 year of experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience resolving complex network issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation using network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, network analyzers and simulators
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing installation, management and support of LAN/WAN communications, including Ethernet systems, timing systems, and network optimizers using a number of COTS products to include routers, switches, VoIP call managers, network accelerators, video teleconferencing platforms, multiple firewalls, and servers with various installed Operating Systems (OS)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in network systems evaluation providing architectural design, development, regression testing and documentation, while maintaining hardware and software standards. Works projects as needed in order to upgrade and deploy new or improved communications architectures, equipment and procedures.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with modern LAN/WAN solutions including IP networking - MPLS, QOS, SONET/SDH optical solutions, and serial communications. Protocol support will include, but is not limited to TCP, UDP, DHCP, SSH, NTP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, SCP, and TFTP.
- Must have experience with dynamic routing protocols to include BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Minimum of 4 years experience with configuration, implementation and sustainment of Firewall and IP or Serial Encryption devices.
- Engineers must be able to implement and sustain security solutions for boundary protection using secure methods with knowledge of IPSEC, SSL VPN, Access Authentication Authorization (AAA) and Access Control List (ACL) implementation.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.