Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Litigation Support Project Manager to join us in supporting the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection. The location is at the FTC Constitution Center, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20506.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you have supervisory experience, are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Responsible for providing day to day litigation support and consultation to the litigating divisions within BCP.
- Provides assistance to legal staff in support of eDiscovery and litigation support technologies, processes, and best practices, throughout every aspect of case investigation and litigation.
- Manages automated litigation support systems and databases created for use by legal staff.
- Provides staff with assistance with eDiscovery applications, such as Relativity.
- Oversees numerous litigation support activities simultaneously.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- At least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory and management experience on major litigation support projects, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing and eDiscovery support activities.
- Requires expert knowledge of litigation support; outstanding writing skills; excellent oral communication skills; and excellent management skills.
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing those needs.
- Requires knowledge of the Government's data processing environment in which the work is to be performed, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as but not limited to Oracle, Relativity or other document review platform, and Trial Director.
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware and document review platforms.
- Undergraduate degree required. (Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement.)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- Law degree, advanced technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred.
- Paralegal experience - helpful.
- Current or active clearance - preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.