Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Paralegal to join us in supporting the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection. The location is at the FTC Constitution Center, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20506.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Performs litigation support and eDiscovery tasks, including managing evidence received from case teams.
- Assigns and manages litigation support requests entered into the DLTA Request System.
- Conducts initial review of data received from case teams.
- Handles the intake of evidence, copying data, completing chain of custody forms, and entering data into the evidence management system.
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials.
- Maintains case files; performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery); indexes and tracks exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
- Prepares exhibit cross-references.
- Assists attorneys in courtroom.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Requires paralegal certificate, or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- At least one year of litigation paralegal experience.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- Trial experience - very helpful.
- Automated litigation support experience - valued.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure - very important.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.