The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Communications Network Engineer Senior to support efforts for the ONE-Net portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract.
The Leidos team will support the SMIT portfolio, the largest IT services program for the Navy, by delivering the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net); inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Qualified candidates will provide overall network administration and engineering support for a broad range of tasks including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network.
Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
- Evaluate communication hardware and software, as well as troubleshoot Local Area Networks/Base Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/BAN/WAN), and other network related problems.
- Work collaboratively, and provide guidance to the team on network infrastructure issues in real time, taking the lead on any network related issues that may occur.
- Plan, design, integrate, and test LAN/BAN/WAN solutions prior to release and deployment into Production. Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Administer LAN/BAN/WANs. Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Coordinate with all responsible users and sites.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, or related field of study, and 8 - 10 years of experience in the information technology field or a Master’s Degree in a technical discipline with 6 – 10 years of experience in network administration.
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and testing of complex large-scale computer integrated networks
- Must have a minimum DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician Level II (ex. CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, etc.) or higher IAT level certification (ex. CISSP, CASP)
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification such as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper, or Aruba Associated level certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Professional or Expert level network certifications are highly preferred (Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIS, Aruba ACSP or EDGE Professional)
- ITILv3 or ITILv4 Foundations certification
- Additional experience in system or workstation administration
- Additional operating system certifications (ex. MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, RHCE)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.