The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist Senior
Cyber Security Specialist Senior under broad supervision operates all aspects of Information Systems (IS) data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
The Cyber Security Specialist Senior will inform users about security measures, explain potential threats, implement, administer, and enforce security best practices in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
- Implements and monitors security measures for communication systems, networks, and provides advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develops and executes Government approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures; operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems; conduct IS security incident handling; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Performs other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Operates Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- Performs defensive cyber operation duties including, but not limited to, ensuring workstation and server compliancy with Marine Corps McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) requirements; identifying cybersecurity incidents using HBSS, Tenable Security Center, RedSeal, McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), and other automated tools; operating Imperva Web Application and Database firewalls; performing forensics and remedial action on cybersecurity incidents; and reporting defensive cyber operations statistics.
- Confers with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- 8 years of past relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of training, education, and military experience
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01‐M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Experience in computer and information security assessment and administration
- U.S. citizen with a DoD Secret security clearance or higher
- Prior NGEN ONE-Net experience
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.