Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Manager at the Washington Navy Yard, DC supporting the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) Program. The successful candidate will have a key role coordinating Software Support Activities for the Fleet, provide clear and articulate communication of customer concerns in the form or briefs, white papers and other descriptive documents. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of software development best practices, as well as analytical abilities to organize multiple key concepts. Keen knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and activities is required.
The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate Software Support Activities for the Fleet.
- Manage expectations within the flight test community for validation of missions.
- Provide day-to-day task management for the Mission Validation Team.
- Manage the software development environment for successful simulation accreditation.
- Coordinate product and process improvements for software development in a CMMI (or equivalent) framework.
- Supervise and synergize a small team of software simulation engineers and analytical users
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field of engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or other physical science plus 20 years technical experience post-Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to manage customer demands within the boundaries of team capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication applied to customer forums.
- Working knowledge of the Tomahawk Flight Test Process
- Master’s degree in Engineering Management, Systems Engineering or Business Administration plus 5 years leadership experience post-Master’s degree.
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.