The Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a UX Designer/Developer to join a team of engineers supporting multiple web applications in Bethesda, MD.
The UX Designer/Developer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, making usability recommendations, rapid prototyping, translating user requirements to development teams, and developing UI screens based on the requirements. Ideal candidates should have experience in wireframing/prototyping, end user interaction and front-end development.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, diagrams, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, including navigational menus, and data visualizations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, digital wireframes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- BS in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Familiarity with Section 508
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- (Nice to have) web application development using Java
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.