WHY LEIDOS? At Leidos we embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape, impacting the world.
Leidos is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our community. One of the many reasons why we were named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and top places to work.
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Tier 2 System Maintainer supporting 24x7 mission applications maintenance in Aurora, Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission.
- Ensure the availability of mission processors through proactive 24x7 Tier 2 SW maintenance
- Perform incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues
- Support configuration management and change management activities
- Support service transitions including migrations to cloud infrastructure
- Perform request fulfillment activities including account management and configuration changes
- Coordinate with other maintenance, operations and engineering contracts as required
- Document all work performed via ticketing system
- Create, update or enhance maintenance and operations documentation
- Ensure security of mission processors and IT infrastructure
- Provide call-in support as required
- United States’ citizen with current TS/SCI with SSBI
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 to 8 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- 5+ years’ experience performing Tier 2 software maintenance on mission critical systems
- Proven experience with one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Current and legacy software development languages and tools (i.e. C, C++, Java, XMIDAS)
- Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
- Enterprise management tools
- Enterprise storage management and configuration
- Database management systems and tools (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- TCP/IP networking in an enterprise environment
- Information system security, including IAVA management and ICD 503 compliance
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Must be willing to perform shift work
- Experience with legacy platforms (i.e. DEC VMS, Alpha)
- Mission operations experience
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Mission-specific technical knowledge
- Software development
- ITIL Framework
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.