Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs, as a Deputy to the Executive Director of the Major Modernization Program Office (NA-19). This position leverages existing capabilities within the program office to provide overall operational organization and support.
NA-19 is responsible for re-establishing and modernizing the Nation’s nuclear weapon production capabilities. The organization manages approximately $4 billion annually in prioritized investments across the nuclear weapons enterprise to ensure availability of key materials and infrastructure for plutonium pit production, tritium, domestic uranium enrichment, highly enriched uranium and other materials for weapon secondary, high explosives, and non-nuclear components.
This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices in Washington, DC.
- Maintain current awareness of NNSA office structure and leadership, federal managers, contractor and site roles, and programmatic requirements and issues to assist in running an efficient office and coordinating and contributing to office deliverables.
- Compile information, draft, and review technical, programmatic, and budget briefings, white papers, narratives, and other deliverables that are both periodic and ad hoc in nature.
- Collect and communicate programmatic information within NNSA and with external organizations including responses to Congress, executive NNSA managers, stakeholders, and customers to solidify support.
- Coordinate with NNSA office leadership, NNSA program managers, and contractors in order to address program requirements and external inquiries.
- Coordinate office meetings, reports, presentations, and other programmatic materials to assure a continuity and consistency of information and direction for the office.
- Track and expedite technical and programmatic deliverables.
- Schedule and facilitate technical and programmatic meetings.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience with written communication, briefings and reports for senior and executive management.
- Experience supporting federal programs and managers.
- Experience coordinating and collaboration with the National Security Enterprise complex federal managers, contractors and partners.
- Outstanding verbal and oral communication skills.
Experience in reviewing and editing briefings and reports for consistency in style, formatting and messaging.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.