The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The Security Specialist candidate will partner with the Personnel Security program manager to establish local procedures for processing requests for security clearances for military and civilian personnel.
- Assist with overseeing and reporting requirements for SCI indoctrinated personnel.
- Aid AF liaison in coordinating with the NSA Military Affairs Desk Office (MADO) for vetting all assigned AF personnel.
- Collaborate with AFOSI for scheduling Counter-Intelligence (CI) polygraph exams, renewals, and re-takes for all assigned personnel. Receive and process AFOSI Form 158s for polygraph admissions.
- Resolve Security concerns and disseminates AFOSI Form 158 to appropriate agencies. Complete reports of routine SCI pre-screening interviews and associated recommendations as required by multiple directives.
- Maintain Security files pertaining to members vetting and indoctrination process.
- Review security clearance requests and similar related material for information that adversely reflects on the individual’s loyalty, judgment or trustworthiness.
- Assist commanders in determining if Security Information Files (SIF) should be established. Establish, maintain, process, and dispose of SIFs for all members assigned or supported by 70 ISRW.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred . High School Diploma and 5 – 8 years of prior relevant experience is required.
- TS/SCI cleared with Polygraph
Strong knowledge of and experience in Personnel Security Programs; experience processing security clearances, coordinating polygraph examinations, resolving personnel security concerns, completing pre-screening interview reports and reviewing/maintaining security files.
- Skill in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) is a plus.
- Experience supporting the ACC ISR enterprise.
- Previous experience as an FSO or SSO
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.