Business Operations Analyst is a role within the SD&A Supply Chain team with strong Customer Experience and Analytics. Partnering with internal teams to develop new processes that improve the efficiency, reproducibility, and/or scalability of reports. Additionally, this role is expected to manage new moderately complex reporting requests with little information, arrange meetings with stakeholders, elicit business requirements and generate and distribute reports. As an Analyst you would also be responsible for supporting the production of custom analyses or new insights for strategic customers and operational reporting.
• Analyze large quantities of data to look for key attributes and trends.
• Develop new processes that improve the efficiency, reproducibility, and/or scalability of reports.
• Complete validation on collected data.
• Develop and document reports or analyses.
• Support initiatives for data integrity and governance
• Manage new moderately complex reporting requests with little information, arranging meetings with stakeholders, elicit business requirements and generate and distribute reports.
• Support the production of custom analyses or new insights for strategic customers and operational reporting.
• Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports analyzing datasets, and quantifying key performance indicators and efficiency metrics.
• Gain familiarity with internal tools used at Leidos for analytics purposes.
• Assist in development or improvement of operational reporting.
• Take ownership of existing reports and manually update data and perform reporting enhancements requests.
• Shadow and understand change management processes for various development tools.
• Contribute to cross-functional projects and work streams to support internal teams.
• Map business workflows and continue documentation efforts as workflows evolve.
• Collaborate with data insights and data products to overcome obstacles needed for pushing forward automation efforts.
• At least 1-3 years of experience in reporting/analytics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides
• Ability to pull and join data from multiple data sources, analyze, develop initial insights and format for professional presentation.
• SQL experience: intermediate level (additional programming experience a plus. E.g. SAS, Python, R)
• Comfort with ambiguity and fast paced, changing environment.
• Detail oriented
• Exposure to manufacturing or distribution industries
• Experience in analytics or related field
• Salesforce Analytic knowledge or experience
• Experience with advanced data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.