The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a PostgreSQL DBA in Bethesda, MD.
- Perform database administrator tasks including monitoring user access and security, monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users, mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database, refining the logical design, installing and testing new versions of the DBMS, and refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements and conduct capacity planning
- Act as the SME and provide best practice recommendations for Postgres security compliance and hardening
- Create database related documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Manage user access permissions and privileges
- Lead in developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Work closely with IT Project Managers, Database Programmers and JAVA Developers
- Communicate with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications
- Support on-call activities as needed
- 5+ years of experience administering, patching, performance tunning and securing PostrgeSQL database
- Preferred 3+ year administering Microsoft SQL Server
- 4+ years of AWS RDS management experience
- Experience with scripting using Ansible, Python or similar dynamic languages
- Must have excellent communications and documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate problems
- Experience in Federal Grants Management is a plus
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience and 5 years of related experience.
- Oracle Database Administrator Certifications a plus
- Relevant AWS certification preferred
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.