Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Engineer based in our Whiteley Office. This is a contract position and the successful candidate must have SC Clearance.
The Business Process Engineer will be responsible for developing the business processes required for a large scale programme supporting our customer. The processes will be defined in line with the Project Requirements and ITIL principles. They will be required to analyse and understand both the customer environment and programme goals as well as the specific project requirements in order to develop and implement the future state business processes.
The BPE will be required to develop detailed procedural documentation, user stories, process relevant test cases, derived requirements, presentations, reports and plan as required by the project. They will be responsible for implementing the processes and supporting the team in any improvement activities required, ensuring that processes are developed and implemented in line with the overall architecture and all work is performed in accordance with the Project Plan. They will provide status reports as required and work as part of the overall project team to resolve issues where they arise.
- Analyse project goals, requirements and customer environment (both existing and future state)
- Develop future state business processes aligned with ITIL principles
- Identify and agree internal and external process interfaces
- Analysis of the processes to identify change impacts and identify appropriate methods for handling those impacts as part of the overall process implementation plan
- Develop and document procedures underpinning the processes
- Develop and document business process test cases
- Provide support for the business process testing elements of the test cycle
- Develop process implementation plans
- Identify process measures and mechanisms for process performance reviews
- Ensure that all documentation is signed off by the required authority
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the Project Plan
- Ensure that all documentation is provided in a timely manner and meets the required quality levels
- Experience of business process design, modelling and implementation on large technology projects
- Experience of change management and its application within transformation projects
- Ability to identify and understand business drivers
- Experience in business performance analysis
- Experience of developing and implementing processes which align the ITIL principles
- Experienced workshop facilitator
- Knowledge of defining and implementing performance metrics
- Experienced in developing procedures
- Experience of programme testing and integration cycle
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed
- Experience of working with customers/suppliers
- Hands-on, practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and work with related internal business functions such as commercial, legal and finance
- Strong problem-solving and triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.