Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Project Manager to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization. The Project Manager will oversee and manage one or more complex projects and/or task orders for the Veterans Administration EHRM efforts. Direct team personnel, provide oversight and direction to ensure effective management of project costs and schedules, profitability, contract compliance, and serve as the principal customer interface for program related activities
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by the team members to implement VA EHRM customer requirements.
- Provide solutions for projects output. Required to review program profit and loss on a regular basis, explain variations in actuals vs forecasted.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and tracking all aspects of the program consistent with VA VIP and ProPath.
- Accountable for effective and efficient project resource forecasting, utilization and management.
- Work closely and effectively in a coordinative fashion with the EHRM Effort Program Manager and VA Project Managers, various subcontracting partners, external consulting organizations, customer resources, contractor and other 3rd party providers.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring internal and external metrics to measure and tune performance of project related activities.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure and selecting and recruiting key team members.
- Responsibilities include oversight of direct reports.
- BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Oversee and manage one or more mid-sized projects and/or task orders supporting the Veterans Administration.
- Direct team personnel, provide oversight and direction to ensure effective management of project costs and schedules, contract compliance, and serve as the principal customer interface for program related activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by the team members to implement VA internal customer requirements.
- Work closely and effectively in a coordinative fashion with the Client Program Manager and VA Project Managers, various subcontracting partners, external consulting organizations, customer resources, contractor and other 3rd party providers.
- Be responsible for establishing and monitoring internal and external metrics to measure and tune performance of project related activities.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure.
- Be a good corporate ambassador when engaged with suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, other prime contractors, other company departments, and in community activities.
- Candidate should also have:
- Demonstrated experience in a business setting, requiring regular and extensive contact with both the client and management teams, and working under Firm Fixed Price contract vehicle.
- Experience leading a virtual team dispersed within the continental United States.
- Demonstrated experience in application development or integration efforts including consolidation of disparate systems with various technologies; experience in the engineering challenges of Systems Development, Systems Integration and infrastructure deployment; substantial comprehension of the business value and processes of large IT environments.
- Strong understanding or experience of software development and integration processes, including CMMI/SEI methodologies. Experience working in a complex technical and multi-site environment is required.
- Experience leading an agile development team preferred
- Experience managing programs and projects for the Veterans Affairs
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Experience or strong familiarity with Electronic Health Record implementation, VA Stakeholders and supporting applications.
- PMP Certificate is preferred.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.