Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our software engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
Software Engineer – Health Growth Solutions
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace.
As part of an Agile Team, you’ll design, develop, and deliver Java-based software applications and products following agile processes tailored to maximize the speed of delivery of those solutions to government customers and into the commercial marketplace. You’ll learn, master, and improve the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools we use to develop, test, integrate, and deploy our Cloud-based solutions into multiple hosting environments, such as AWS, Azure, and others. You’ll learn new technologies and tools and apply what you’ve learned to overcome technological challenges with innovative solutions. You’ll mentor other software engineers and share your knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better at what we do. You’ll perform spikes and develop prototypes to help test product concepts and achieve customer validation. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll learn our agile tooling, contribute to backlog planning and estimates, decompose backlog into technical tasks, and keep your tickets updated daily. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that implements user stories.
- Develop automated unit and integration tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing practices and patterns (Java is preferred, applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.