The NISC Training Group is looking for a Communications Editor to support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Aircraft Certification Service (AIR) Policy and Innovation Division (AIR-600) in their Strategic Policy Roadmap and Senior Technical Experts Programs.
Duties involve working with program managers and subject matter experts (SME) to apply excellence in communications to the needs of AIR-600. Attend meetings and briefings to take notes and gain the needed expertise to provide targeted, logical, and grammatical talking points, web pages, road maps, process flows, and overall communication support to the customer. Help devise and develop strategic communication plans and high-level summaries for websites and various presentations. Serve as an integral member of the AIR-600 team, providing thoughtful brainstorming and strategic planning to develop and refine communications and organizational solutions to help solve AIR's challenges and advance its mission.
- Applicants must understand and demonstrate mastery of the principles, standards, and best practices of written communication.
- Be able to work independently to provide grammatical, logical, compelling, and error-free documents and editing services in the technical realm of aircraft certification.
- Must have the skill, experience, and confidence to collaborate with senior executives, chief scientists, aviation engineers, and program managers to produce high-quality written products for the customer. Mastery of English, grammar, and strategic communication is essential to meet the customers' needs and demands.
- Must possess a BA/BS degree and the ability to write technical documents efficiently and with great attention to detail, facts, FAA regulatory requirements, and overall organizational mission.
- Must have 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 2+ years of experience. Must possess a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer base or any other government agency.
- Familiarity with the principles, components, issue, terminology, and regulatory requirements involved in the certification, production, and/or continued airworthiness of an aviation product.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.