Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform Courtroom Presentation duties in support of one of our federal agency customers in Washington, DC.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization.
Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Prepares video pursuant to case team protocols, including applying appropriate redactions and watermarks (or other tracking mechanisms) as identified by the case team.
These Courtroom Presentation Specialists will be required to load video into common presentation software, such as Trial Director, and sync the video with transcripts of the video’s audio contents.
Works with trial teams and other litigative support providers to prepare for trials and present cases in the courtroom using courtroom presentation systems;
Works with the trial team, including other litigative support providers, to develop and present a case in the courtroom using courtroom presentation systems;
Works with the trial team both before trial and during trial to develop scripts for presenting exhibits in a particular order to support testimony. Scans exhibits into courtroom presentation system, prepares exhibit images for particular uses (e.g. zooming in or highlighting a particular paragraph, or setting up two exhibits side by side on the screen);
Develops simple graphic images/exhibits using standard off the shelf software packages;
Advises AUSAs on the effectiveness of certain exhibits or sequences of exhibits;
Advises AUSAs on equipment, distribution system, and software requirements for limited or routine courtroom configurations; obtains, installs, tests, sets up appropriate equipment and software;
Digitizes audio and video clips; synchronizes clips with written transcripts.
Works with AUSAs in preparing for small to large-scale trials and in presenting materials in the courtroom; and
Serves as a jack-of-all-trades capable of performing all trial and courtroom support functions, including equipment set up and troubleshooting, scripting, advising on graphics presentations, and in-courtroom operation of equipment.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another. One is expected to perform duties as defined by the contract in conjunction with the statement of work.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be familiar with standard courtroom presentation packages such as Trial Director and /or Sanction or similar packages.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a trial team through the entire pretrial and trial cycle, identifying and scanning exhibits, scripting with the attorneys, setting up the courtroom, operating and troubleshooting the system in the courtroom.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time, if needed.
- Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of time, if needed.
- Trial experience required.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items and/or equipment for courtroom presentations.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Familiarity with standard litigation support applications (e.g., Relativity, iConect, CaseMap, etc).
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.