Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Operations Support Group specialist. The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner to UAS operators as well as FAA and other stakeholders, and solve complex issues using specialized tools.
The Candidate must provide documentation support to the FAA Team and Co-Leads for the preparation and execution of Instrument Flight Procedure (IFP) projects required for the modernization of the National Airspace System (NAS). The candidate will support national programs such as Northeast Corridor (NEC), Metroplex and Very High Frequency Omni-directional Range (VOR) Minimum Operational Network (MON) which includes the design and/or evaluation of operational procedures that improve utilization of existing airspace and airport capacity. Additionally, the candidate will support opportunities to de-conflict traffic to and from close-in airports; improve traffic flow and reduce congestion in major metropolitan areas across; and, promote transition of the NAS to a more PBN system.
- The candidate will provide documentation support to include historical record of design changes, tracking the status of project activities, project risk, action items, and producing meeting minutes as directed by the project leads to support any airspace and procedures initiative formally approved by the NextGen Advisory Committee (NAC) and/or senior leaders at the direction of the project leads.
- The candidate will provide monthly reporting on the project and financial statuses, meeting notes, participant attendance, as well as providing materials to compile reports and inform stakeholders at quarterly, monthly and weekly meetings. The candidate will also provide input for the development of facility training packages.
- The candidate will coordinate support for required technical interchange meetings and various program reviews; coordinate workgroup activities for Air Traffic Organization (ATO) program offices. The candidate will assist in air traffic requirements development; system analysis; system/subsystem specifications analysis to ensure air traffic operational concerns are addressed and appropriate technical requirements are included. The candidate will present recommendations/solutions related to short and long-term program planning requirements.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited university and 12 to 15 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree and 10 to 13 years of experience. Additional experience and industry certifications may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Relevant work experience should include:
- FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist. Servers as a senior level air traffic control system specialist to assist the FAA in coordinating activities with air traffic requirements and operations personnel.
- Contractor must be familiar with the following FAA Orders/Specifications:
- FAA Order JO 7100.41, Performance Based Navigation Implementation Process
- FAA Order 8260.58, United States Standard for Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Instrument Procedure Design
- Community Involvement Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Desk Guide
- FAA Order 8260.19, Flight Procedures and Airspace
- FAA Order 8260.3, United States Standard for Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS)
- FAA Order 8260.46, Departure Procedure (DP) Program
- FAA Order 8260.26, Establishing and Scheduling Civil Public-Use Instrument Procedure Effective Dates
- Planning: conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis and must be able to develop reports, establish schedules, and conduct studies.
- Communications: must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Computer Applications: capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Administrative: provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Previous experience at a level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference. FAA management and/or Staff experience (Airspace and Procedures Specialist experience is preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.