The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a SharePoint Engineer to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position is responsible for operating, developing, and maintaining ONE-Net SharePoint servers and sites.
In addition to operating and maintaining SharePoint, the candidate will support site setup, change requests, permission management and troubleshooting for users and content managers, ensuring all services meet mission needs for the customer.
The role requires a candidate that is creative, customer service oriented, and familiar with using and administering SharePoint.
- Lead and coordinate the design, development, implementation, and support of SharePoint.
- Assist leadership in determining technical direction of the organization in respect to Portal.
- Research, analyze, recommend, and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques.
- Coach others on the capabilities and use for SharePoint in the organization
- Identify, develop, update, and enforce standards and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure resolutions of performance issues.
- Interface with supported groups on technical problems and concerns.
- Research, evaluate, and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Gather requirements, design, architect, plan, and implement system solutions for SharePoint platforms.
- Provide SharePoint and related applications administration, operational support and problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot problems, take appropriate corrective action, and interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- US Citizenship with a DoD Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma / GED and 7 years of previous experience administering SharePoint
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Experience with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and troubleshooting particular to SharePoint Servers
- Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related field
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013 workflows, creating custom forms, and developing web pages
- Experience with O365/ SharePoint Online
- Experience creating Business Analytics Reports from SharePoint list data
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.