The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Facilities Systems Technician (HVAC) to work in Weisbaden, Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
Education and Experience:
• Advanced HVAC training with NATE certification and at least 7 years of relevant experience; OR
• Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university plus 7 years of relevant experience in HVAC with NATE certification; OR
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification plus 3 years of recent specialized experience
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Specific experience in fault isolation and resolution of tactical and strategic environmental systems and their sophisticated electronic support systems
• Ability to plan, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems not fully covered by technical manuals, schematics, etc.
• Experience with HVAC control and monitoring systems and their components
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
• Expert level experience in design, installation and sustainment of computer controlled environmental systems in mobile secure facilities
• Required to meet US Government accepted and industry standards criteria for technically complex computer environmental systems, uninterrupted power distribution systems and power control equipment
• Perform inspections on HVAC systems and components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend or perform preventive maintenance
• Independently perform recurring work on various HVAC equipment; but not limited to HVAC control and monitoring systems
• Support engineering or scientific personnel to discuss plans, modifications, and user needs.
• Perform design, modification, maintenance and repair of critical environmental and energy support systems and associated highly sensitive state-of-the-art computerized controls and air quality monitoring systems located within US-Only areas of Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs)
• Produce classified technical documentation outlining in depth technical findings and recommendations
• Worldwide deployable in support of strategic and tactical mobile facility environments; able to provide expert technical assistance for a 24-hour operational environment with limited documentation resources
• Respond to off-duty (evening and weekend) calls to support critical system outages; providing rapid fault isolation and resolution of environmental factors affecting ISR system performance to include developing technical documentation for ISR support system layouts
• Troubleshoot HVAC/R systems with complex problems and extensive repairs requirements; utilize sound judgement to locate and remedy malfunctions
• Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections and produce reports in via computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment
• Respond to emergencies during and after hours to resolve issues Diagnose causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems for the purpose of identifying equipment, systems repair and/or replacement needs
• Install, repair and maintain large commercial and industrial ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning (AC) and cooling systems with complex/extensive repairsneeds
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.