The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to provide Tier 3 support to the Network Operations Center (NOC) supporting our Broadside program. This position supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet, Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. The Senior Network Operations Engineer monitors networks to ensure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. In this position you will maintain network hardware and software, proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them as well as provide support of numerous business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video).
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 3 support to the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Maintain network hardware and software
- Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them
- Leads Supports numerous business requirements for telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video)
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a Polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Advanced networking qualifications including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, LAMBDA. LAN/MAN/WAN/Optical specialization
- Utilization of common ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow) and common network management tools (HPOV, HPNA, Solarwinds, MNS, Netcool, etc)
- Must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems
- Must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP
- Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years
- Preferred network certifications Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.