The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Master Electrician to work at Fort Belvoir, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
•Responsible the electrical infrastructure of Unit facilities ensuring power to mission critical facilities are maintained to include developing repair and renovation of electrical projects.
• Provide technical assistance and support in electrical maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting, and hands-on repairs.
• Installs and maintains low-voltage (480/277, 600 volts) and below (50/60 HZ) single and multi-phase power wiring. Installs feeder and branch circuits including conduit, service wire, fuse and breaker panels, switches, outlets, junction and outlet boxes, lighting fixtures, splices, connectors, and ground wiring for red and black installations. Ensures that the material used and workmanship meets the requirements of the applicable technical and safety standards.
• Provide detailed reports on equipment’s failures maintenance requirements and lifecycle replacements.
• Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections orally or in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment
• Use US Army quality assurance procedures to insure that the material used and workmanship meet the requirements of the applicable DoD and military specifications, criteria, procedures, and technical/safety standards.
• Provide electrical design input to engineering installation plans and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
• Provide 24-hour 7-day quick reaction technical support to mission critical equipment’s.
• Performs power quality measurements on the commercial and technical power of the facility and plans actions for correction of any deficiencies.
• Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
•High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years’ experience with a valid Master Electrician license at a State level; or 12 years’ experience in an equivalent Military Electrician training/certification.
•Knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces per OSHA regulations.
• Subject matter expertise level familiarity with provisions and applications of the National Electric Code and ability to select and install domestic and foreign materials and devices under the NEC.
• Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
• Ability to liaise with Directorate of Public Works and BASOPS to coordinate maintenance and repairs are preformed to standard.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.