The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Master HVAC Technician to work at Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission. Position requires a TS/SCI Secret clearance.
Perform inspections on HVAC systems and components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend or perform preventive maintenance. Cleans, lubricates, and repacks the working parts of the system.
Tracks performance of routine and preventative maintenance to ensure availability of HVAC systems and troubleshoot HVAC/R systems with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgement to locate malfunctions.
Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections and produce reports in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment.
Respond to emergencies during and after hours to resolve issues. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems for identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
Install, repair, and maintain large commercial and industrial ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning (AC), and cooling systems with complex problems and extensive repairs.
Independently perform recurring work on exhaust fans, boilers, air handlers, pump, motors, air dryers, and other related HVAC equipment but not limited to HVAC control and monitoring systems.
Installs, modifies, overhauls, repairs, and maintains a variety of complex HVAC equipment air conditioning, air handlers, pumps, motors, valves, heating systems, and associated auxiliary and control equipment.
Performs design, modification, maintenance and repair of critical environmental and energy support systems and associated highly sensitive state-of-the-art computerized controls and air quality monitoring systems located within US-Only areas of Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs).
Provides critical advanced technical knowledge in support of unique security requirements inherent in Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs)operations including sound baffling techniques/equipment and the resolution of compromising electrical currents, as sustainment of high system availability rates.
• College, Vocational School, or High School diploma or equivalent and a combination of 10 years’ education and experience leading to licensure as a Master HVAC, or equivalent licensure or certification at a State level; or 12 years’ experience in an equivalent Military HVAC training/certification
• Specific experience in fault isolation and resolution of tactical and strategic environmental systems and their sophisticated electronic support systems.
• Ability to plan, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems not fully covered by technical manuals, schematics, etc.
• 4 years’ experience with HVAC control and monitoring systems and their components.
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
• Expert level experience in design, installation and sustainment of computer controlled environmental systems in mobile secure facilities.
• Required to meet US Government accepted and industry standards criteria for technically complex computer environmental systems, uninterrupted power distribution systems, and power control equipment.
• Possess a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification.
• US Citizen. Final Top-Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.