The ILC program at Leidos currently has an opening for an installation assistant to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. In this mission we conduct maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems in support of our customer.
- HS diploma or equivalent and 3 years of direct experience conducting field installation projects.
- Active SECRET DOD Security Clearance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Passport
- Connector Fabricator Qualified (Copper and or Fiber)
- OSHA 10
- VSRA Safety
- Cableway Certification
- Knowledge of WAF/TUM process
- Conduct MCT/MCP Testing to include opening, closing, documenting and testing unsupervised, and assume full accountability for these tasks.
- Cable Testing to include conducting cable continuity and megger testing required by the job without supervision.
- Cable Cutting to include proper cable cutting and end preparation methods without supervision based on the specifications outlined in the installation drawings.
- Cable/Cableway Installation including all types of cable and cableway installations required by the job without supervision.
- Planning acumen to support system and installation necessary to plan out cable runs and other installation tasks.
- Through system and installation knowledge and ability to read/interpret red line drawings associated with electrical systems.
- Conduct WAF / TUMS / Lockout/Tag-out Enforcement.
- Observe and adhere to all safety regulations and procedures applicable to installation work.
- Mentor team members on safety and ensure all team members comply with applicable safety regulations and procedures IAW the SOW (Statement of Work), NAVSEA Standard Items, ESH Plans and Procedures provided by the program and the local shipyard or navy facility.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.