The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Generator Technician to work at Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
- Perform preventative maintenance, load bank, field diagnosis and repairs on 50kW ~ 2500kW stand-alone, paralleling generators and automatic transfer switches
- Diagnosis and repair related electrical components; paralleling switchgear, automatic transfer switches, distribution gear, transformers, service panels, voltage regulators, troubleshooting AC and DC circuits
- Operate and maintain auxiliary generator equipment to include fuel systems
- Oils, greases and adjusts machinery and equipment; make minor repairs
- Periodically inspect to ensure all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition
- Utilize CMMS tools to manage building work orders, maintenance, repairs and spare part inventory.
- Maintain consumption and production records
- Maintain inventory lists and requisition supplies, materials and repair parts
- Maintain proper housekeeping of tools and power generation equipment
- Perform various types and levels of repair on single-phase uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), including identifying overload conditions, battery replacement and system replacement/installation
- Troubleshoot at the paralleling switchgears and control panels to include PLCs
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a power generation certification with 10 years of experience in power generation operations; or 12 years’ Military experience in power generation operations
- Technical understanding of power generation operation and maintenance, certification from power generation manufacturer preferred
- Knowledge of document and report writing
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Clearance Requirements:
US Citizen. Final Top-Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.