Leidos is looking for a Cloud Systems Administrator to assist in day to day operations and maintenance of multi-cloud infrastructures, manage cloud-based systems and resources, and develop well-architected multi-cloud solutions. We are seeking technically proficient, motivated, and mission focused individual to help solve problems, drive best practices, and support innovations. Candidates must be familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems, be able to manage dynamic workloads, and be capable of supporting automation.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
- Collaborate with the team to implement well-architected multi-cloud solutions that are cost-effective.
- Perform day to day operations and maintenance of cloud-based systems; Support backup and recovery processes; Support deployments; and resolving technical problems.
- Create and maintain user accounts and user policies for cloud-based resources (Git, AWS IAM, Azure AD, etc); Support user provisioning and de-provisioning; Routine audits and reporting.
- Ensure all required metrics and log data are captured. Monitor for anomalies, performance problems, or security incidents and respond according to procedures.
- Assist with maintaining a system of records; Assist with documenting procedures, configuration baselines, inventory, and root cause analysis. Develop runbooks/playbooks to facilitate DevOps support of operations and maintenance.
- Participate in technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquires via electronic mail in timely fashion; routes and directs inquiries to appropriate groups within the program.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and remediation; Implement and track compliance baselines.
- Perform other Systems Engineering related duties as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Scripting and automation experience in Bash or Powershell.
- Hands-on experience managing Linux-based (Centos/Amazon) and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Understanding of networking concepts (CIDR and subnetting, ports and protocols, VPN, routing).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment with a customer service oriented approach.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS based security, serverless, database, compute, and log analytics services.
- Understanding of operational best practices, configuration management, and security controls.
- AWS or Azure certification.
- Experience with log collection and monitoring solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.