The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Yokuska, Japan
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Responsible for Tier II/III support, on site SME support, and engineering efforts on the ONE-Net server and network infrastructure in Yokosuka, Japan.
This includes the responsibility for integrating ONE-Net enterprise engineering efforts involving the Local Network Service Center (LNSC).
This position involves responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate.
- Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Integrate various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices.
- Assist in the integration of ONE-Net engineering efforts conducted in the region.
- Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal network performance, maintain the network security posture, and minimize customer service interruptions.
- Provide network operational support, SME support on new technology, and engineering/implementation support for new solutions.
- Provide TIER II/III support desktop and network support
- Assist the Information Assurance Officer with audits to ensure network devices, workstations, and peripheral meet DISA and DOD security policy.
- Configure network devices to meet DISA Security Technical Guides (STIGs)
- Address and complete Customer Service Request (Move/Add/Changes) and Incident ticket within service level agreements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Update and log all work performed and record daily activities
- Apply operating system patches using Microsoft SSCM
- US Citizenship and DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related field.
- 7+ years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one computing environment certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- MCSA, MCSE, Azure Solutions Architect, or Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
- Experience and certifications in network administration (CCNA/CCNP)
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.