The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an Active Directory Exchange Specialist-Senior.
The IT Active Directory Exchange Specialist-Senior is responsible for managing the operation, servicing, troubleshooting, implementation and account administration of Active Directory (AD), Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL).
The qualified candidate will be responsible for creating, configuring, and maintaining Exchange databases, mailboxes, address lists, distribution groups, and message routing.
This role will also ensure engineered solutions are designed to maintain highest availability and service dependability.
Additional requirements include responsibility for systems test, configuration, analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting, system mitigation and transition strategies.
- Performs root cause analysis of critical outages and incidents, engineers permanent solutions, and coordinates implementation; executes life-cycle events for Active Directory network group objects to include:
- Creating new group objects
- Modifying group object attributes
- Modifying group object type
- Deactivating and deleting group objects
- Provides technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to client and technical specialists on critical Exchange & Windows software improvements, updates, and vulnerability issues; recommends mitigation strategies; ensures coordination and collaboration on upgrade activities and successfully implements hardening of the server infrastructure in appropriate server roles.
- Establishes, enforces, and monitors security policies and procedures to ensure appropriate usage of information systems; creates and implements domain level security policies such as authentication mechanisms, password policies and rules; applies security patches/fixes and anti-virus updates as released by software manufacturers and anti-virus vendors; supports reporting and analysis of client metrics.
- Collaborates in researching, planning, designing, and assessing current and expected Windows infrastructure needs, configuration, maintenance, optimization and documentation of Windows infrastructure; leads and/or assists in the planning, installation and configuration of the Active Directory Network components; upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet client needs; validates system upgrades and patches when required.
- Serves as the IT liaison/escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Serves as the first line of escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support.
- Owns, creates and maintains system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps; identifies and participates in improvement opportunities spanning service delivery, user experience, security, etc.; assists in the design, testing, and implementation of computer and network system software projects to meet client and individual user requirements.
- High School Diploma and ten (10) years of information technology (IT) relevant experience including six (6) years using Active Directory and/or Exchange experience that includes designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise level Active Directory solutions
- Enhanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10, Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP Protocols, and Group Policies
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Productivity or Messaging
- Demonstrated experience in using, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows computer platforms in an active directory environment.
- Highly developed customer service ethic, coupled with a drive to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Experience managing compliance with license agreements
- Experience controlling and monitoring user access to the system
- Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Microsoft Exchange system
- Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of the system
- Possess good working knowledge and understanding of Windows credential stores such as Microsoft Active Directory and their related security capabilities and functions
- Possess a high degree of tack, diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with all types of clientele
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II (IAT II)
- U.S. citizen with a DoD Secret security clearance or higher
- Prior Navy NGEN or ONE-Net experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and military experience
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications a strong plus
- Experience with Microsoft Teams/O365 in an enterprise environment is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.