Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr Proposal/Technical Writer to support our Security Detection and Automation business.
The Sr Writer serves as the primary lead for content development, coordination, management, subject matter expert (SME) interviews, and writing of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and international tender requests. They apply proposal and project management techniques in the preparation, production, and delivery of winning quality proposals. The Sr. Writer coordinates with appropriate SMEs and technical resources for optimum presentation of information in a professional manner.
- Gather technical information to create customer-centric bid and proposal documents that flow logically and read with a single voice.
- Interview senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Gather and research information to include in proposals, resumes, and project summaries.
- Review, organize, and edit written bid and proposal documentation to improve clarity.
- Verify complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable, and compelling.
- Provide final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, compliance, and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Bachelor's degree in English or a related field (journalism, communications, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- Ideal candidates should possess 8+ years of experience in a proposal or business development role.
- Experience with marketing professional services and products, and familiarity with security industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes is required.
- Knowledge of non-intrusive inspection or passenger checkpoint security technologies and/or system development processes is highly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with project executives, project managers, and relevant SMEs in the proposal preparation process.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.