Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr Proposal Manager to support our Security Detection and Automation business.
The Sr. Proposal Manager is responsible for the development of compliant, customized, on-time proposal submissions supporting Key Account Managers for the Leidos Security Detection & Automation Organization.
In close partnership with Sales Leads, the Sr. Proposal Manager drives the response team to ensure the final proposal clearly conveys the vision and supporting discriminators, differentiators and win themes. The Sr. Proposal Manager oversees the proposal development process, manages all proposal contributors, and is the single point of authority for compliance with the solicitation.
- Lead proposal development in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for competitive proposals in support of the Security Detection Systems Sales Team.
- Develop proposal and quote responses in conjunction with various functional departments (Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering).
- Anticipate and communicate potential risk as appropriate on specific business- and/or process-related issues relating to proposals.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather and obtain the necessary information to clearly articulate a winning strategy and compelling solution.
- Ensure compliance with all proposal processes for all participants in the proposal process.
- Coach and provide guidance to internal team members.
- Ability to successfully and comfortably interface with different functional groups, such as Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Aviation, Business Administration, or related discipline and 8+ years of related experience
- APMP certification is a plus
- Experience with management responsibilities in short- and long-term business strategies.
- Knowledge of complex sales practices and proposal processes
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.