Leidos has an opening for a Human Factors Engineer. The Human Factors Engineer will support the Human Factors and System Management team, which supports the Habitability and Human Factors Branch at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
This team provides analysis, evaluation and usability testing of crew interfaces for work areas and equipment. This includes computer displays and controls, workstation systems, and other types of crew interfaces. The group has a unique capability with a staff experienced in the rigors of both cognitive human factors and ergonomic research and evaluations. System safety and productivity are improved by implementing cognitive and physical evaluations and interventions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products.
- Identify and analyze technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
- Develop and implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, and computerized human models.
- Interface with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include the following: task analysis, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, tool assessments, survey generation, human-in-the-loop evaluations, and requirements verification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, or closely related technical discipline.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Experience conducting Master Task Analysis development and Human-in-the-Loop (HITL) testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels
- Familiarity with industry standards (e.g., MIL-STD-1472, NASA-STD-3001), statistics, and NASA
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Human Factors Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.