Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
- Eliciting requirements and requirements analysis with customers and colleagues
- Cloud Infrastructure architecture / design, documentation, implementation and support escalation
- Methodical estimation of design, implementation and handover activities
- Confidently advise on appropriate technology, use of technology, and emerging technologies
- Defining technology selection and the project budget and schedule
- Ensuring solutions align with technical and procedural security requirements
- Authoring, reviewing and approving documentation for users, customers, partners, support teams and engineers
- Leading Cloud migration teams, putting into action appropriate designs and selecting appropriate technologies
- Coaching, assessment and reviewing the work of more junior technical staff
- Technically leading projects, including technical consultancy engagements
- Appreciation of Waterfall and Agile / SecDevOps delivery models / methodologies
- Appreciation of Cloud shared services / shared tooling models for CI/CD, SIEM, monitoring and Management.
Technology (Competencies and Skills):
- AWS, IaaS, PaaS (essential)
- Azure, IaaS, PaaS (desirable)
- UK Cloud IaaS, PaaS (desirable)
- Private Cloud (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack),
- Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift;
- Infrastructure as Code
- Tooling – Terraform, Ansible
- Re-hosting and re-platforming customer applications in public and private clouds
Public sector and / or defence sector experience a significant advantage.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.