The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will specifically support the Homeland Identities, Targeting and Exploitation Center (HITEC) program. HITEC maintains a non-attributed network entitled DHS Enterprise Forensic Exploitation Network and Data Repository (DEFENDR). DEFENDR is a dirty/Malware network system. This postion will provide support for maintaining and enhancing the DEFENDR infrastructure as well as the day to maintenance and helpdesk support for trouble shooting the malware and forensic applications on the workstations connected to DEFENDR. Knowledge of working with and maintaining a dirty/malware network using innovative technology. Experience in implementing and supporting high end Data Storage.
- Operate and maintain virtual environments technologies. Areas to cover are Hyper-V and VMware on/off-premise.
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the systems, tools, and products.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documentation of operational procedures.
- Create to develop new technical solutions and systems to meet customer requirements
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts using Microsoft HyperV, Microsoft Server and VMWare VCenter Server, GPO’s, Domain Controllers, Active Directory Services.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions.
- Interface directly with the client and parallel teams when necessary.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- TS/SCI required
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance.
- Proficient understanding of technology areas such as Hyper-V technology and VMware VCenter, in addition to Windows 10 OS.
- Fundamental understanding Image creation, maintenance, testing and deployment.
- Hands-on experience implementing DoD STIG requirements and patch and update/vulnerability mitigation
- Proficient with troubleshooting Window 10 OS computing environment
- Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
- Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
- Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact testing and production computing enclaves.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
- Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
Experience using HyperV, VMware, Linux, SCCM
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.