Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the vetting activities undertaken by the Leidos UK Security Service Centre
- Provide daily direction and mentoring to Security Service Centre administrators
- Ensure the security helpline and inbox is monitored between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri with timely response to both 1st line support requests and any escalations out of the Security Service Centre
- Develop, implement and maintain GDPR, contractual and company compliant processes and work instructions to support all Security Service Centre activities
- Lead and participate in background screening and security vetting processes, monitoring status and providing status reports as required, identifying and escalating risks and issues
- Provide SME advice and guidance on nationality and immigration status and right to work checks including delivery of training to all staff supporting the identity check process
- Provide a vetting aftercare programme to the business and our Customers
- Collaborate with projects to fully integrate vetting processes ensuring accurate vetting status is shared and background screening and vetting activities are prioritised accordingly
- Support visitor management processes including incoming and outgoing international visits.
- Establish effective and compliant record keeping to ensure data used and recorded by the Security Service Centre is accurate and up to date
- Conduct spot checks against Security Service Centre activities to identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities
- Contribute to the development of and support the delivery of a training plan for all new and existing Security Service Centre staff
- Support the delivery of an effective induction programme
- Provide input to bids and projects where SME personnel security support is required
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.