Leidos currently has an opening for an Intelligence Analyst (Air Defense Specialty) at the 547th Intelligence Squadron, 365th Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, 16th Air Force, at Nellis AFB. Applicant will provide analytical expertise on air defense weapons systems, air surveillance radars, C4I, and their TTPs to directly support production of foundational intelligence products at Nellis AFB, NV. The candidate should have a strong analytical background on air defense systems and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as appropriate. The analyst will provide analytical tradecraft in direct support to the Red Threat Matrix (RTM), AFTTP 3-1.Threat Guide and Threats to Air Operations. Successful candidate will have a broad background in analysis, including writing products from original sources and using a variety of database tools to find new or different data.
The analyst must be experienced with intelligence report writing, know the intelligence cycle, and have the ability to integrate both finished and unfinished data in order to provide a complete analytical product.
- The candidate will work directly with team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources to produce tactically relevant products on air defense systems and their TTPs that directly contribute to foundational intelligence products.
- The analyst will properly classify and source analytical products in compliance with Intelligence Community Directives.
- The candidate will collaborate and interact with analysts in the squadron and outside experts from other organizations, including SMEs from national agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 4 years' of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) experience with U.S Department of defense or other U.S. government agency, at least three of which is in the last five years. Additional related ISR experience can substitute for a degree.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Knowledge of air defense systems, including surface-to-air missile systems, air surveillance radars, C4I, and air defense TTPs, especially surface-to-air engagements.
- Knowledge of intelligence research and analytic tools, like MIST and Palantir.
- Knowledge of intelligence organizations and systems; collection and reporting systems, intelligence information sources; techniques of identifying, collating, evaluating, and analyzing information.
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- Candidate must have successfully completed a military or government Intelligence Analysis training course equivalent to USAF 1N0 or 14N training
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 4 years' of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) experience with U.S Department of defense or other U.S. government agency, at least three of which is in the last five years.
- Unit level intelligence experience is preferred due to support of tactical flying units in the Air Force
- Experience in collaborative work within the United States intelligence community and the United States Air Force.
- Experience with writing analytical products from original and finished sources.
- Experience writing analytic products that comply with ICDs, especially 203 and 206.
- Experience working at a tactical unit, especially a fighter or attack squadron.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.