Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Network and Computer Systems Administrators (all levels) on a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Manage the routing/switching for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Manage the firewalls for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Manage the load balancers for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Act as the primary interface for the cross domain unit with other government network groups. This includes coordinating routing and firewall rules outside our network domain.
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within priority response times
- May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
- May administer network security measures
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 10+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts
- A solid technical knowledge and experience in engineering, configuring, and managing Cisco based switches, routers and Juniper firewalls in a WAN, LAN, or WLAN data center solution.
- Knowledge or experience in engineering, configuring, or managing failover configurations of network components and load balancing components (F5 Network GTM, LTM, Big IP)
- Current hands on network administration skills and network management experience.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills to support implantation and modification of Linux and Windows servers and applications servers supporting customer services
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team at times to solve a variety of network solutions and technology implemenations
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently with minimum direction.
- Must be able to coordinate with contractor management and Government personnel to identify and resolve issues with clearly defined solutions that satisfy Government and customer requirements.
- Ability to lead and manage a small network team and follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Technical writing & documentation skills/drawings (MS Visio, Word, Excel)
- Security+, CISSP Certifications
- Experience with integration of network devices and services in remote datacenters and enterprise networks
- Experience in designing, improving, and documenting network architecture and configuration for future growth/hardware
- Knowledge or experience configuring application gateways
- Knowledge of advanced networking and security disciplines to support insertion of newer technologies e.g. network virtualization
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: virtualized environments including virtual switching, DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, log archive.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.