Leidos currently has an opening for an SSA Portfolio System Security Officer supporting customers in the Baltimore, MD / Washington DC Metro area. We are looking to expand our current team of high performing managers to support our growing cyber business. Leidos is looking for an experienced leader who can manage a group of Leidos team members and subcontractor personnel in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The selected candidate will be expected to exhibit leadership skills associated with the execution of information security management services; providing a broad range of information security activities and operations at an approved level of security, across the enterprise. The SSA Portfolio System Security Officer should have experience supporting a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility in overall information assurance and cyber security support.
As COVID restrictions are reduced, this position will require the selected candidate, possibly on short notice, to support in-person/on-site meetings with customer personnel in the Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC Metro area.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Lead the development of innovative Security solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations
• Act as escalation point for contractors in relation to process or project related services and support
• Work collaboratively with customer to achieve project results and report deliverables as required
• Assist in the direction, development, and management of the Leidos organization’s cyber teams
• Assist in defining metrics for Security and service performance reporting
• Monitor and analyze contractors assigned system(s) performance and evaluate metrics
• Provide assistance to the proposal development process
• Lead and grow teams within the assigned business line, actively and effectively manage relationships with government management and contractors
• In addition to the foundational ISC2 CISSP certification, advanced industry recognized security certifications such as ISC2 ISSMP, or ISC2 ISSEP, or ISACA CISM
• In-depth expertise/skills/training in Risk Management including industry recognized certifications such as ISACA CRISC
• Eight or more years working within information assurance and/or cybersecurity professional leadership experience
• Minimum of 15 years of direct project or program management experience in delivery of information systems or computer network support services
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or Cybersecurity
• PMP certification as well as Control Account Management (CAM) experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with government customers
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• Experience with Identity Management system requirements and/or assessments via trade studies of IAM (Identity & Access Management) products (i.e. Sailpoint, etc.)
• Direct experience working with any of the following customers: SSA, CMS, HHS, NIH, FDA, or CDC
• Familiarity of SIEM and data analytics capabilities (i.e. Splunk, etc.)
• Certified Ethical Hacker certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.