Leidos Corporate IT is looking for an Endpoint Operations Manager to lead a group of technicians and system administrators supporting various endpoint technologies and services in the Leidos corporate environment. Selected candidate will manage the Endpoint Operations team, acting as the central point of contact for all activities, projects and day-to-day work related to the team. The selected candidate will need to be a strong multitasker who can lead the team through technical challenges, various projects and manage the day-to-day workload and activities of the team.
Team managed will include (but not limited to) the following:
- PC Software Packaging and Desktop Imaging Operations
- Mac Software Packaging and Imaging Operations
- Trusted Desktop (PowerBroker/GPO/Least Privilege) Operations
- Endpoint Security & Software Operations
- Endpoint Vulnerability Remediation Operations
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide focus to subordinates directed by established policies and procedures. Interprets implements and administers policies that typically affect individual employees of a sub-unit.
- Provide administration supervision in addition to technical escalation support.
- Perform full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling, and employee development.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations to explain technical trade-off to managers and customers who may not have the technical expertise to perform the analysis themselves.
- Delegate duties and tasks within team.
- Review completed tasks to ascertain compliance with standards.
- Monitor all team members and provide necessary advice and guidance.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies
- Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results
- Mentor team members and develop new techniques and methods
- Keep up with trends in the constantly evolving information technology industry
- Perform regular IT audit to discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them
- Work alongside other departments to achieve company goals and visions
- Manage the support of Endpoint Management Tools like Thycotic, Nexthink, JAMF, Dashworks, CMTools and others.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience and certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows in a large, enterprise environment
- Experience with various endpoint security and management solutions, including SCCM, McAfee and/or other similar products
- Experience managing a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Experience creating and documenting IT processes and procedures
- Experience working in an ITIL Service Management system (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with Application Packaging using SCCM packaging and PSADT.
- 2+ years of experience managing IT teams and/or projects
- US Citizenship required and able to obtain a federal security clearance
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE, A+, Network+, Security+
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certified
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.