Leidos is seeking a Project Manager in St. Louis, MO to work directly with Program Management to support the Maritime Source Processing Service requirements.
The qualified candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate team activities to manage and implement project requirements. The Project Manager will also monitor and review project economics to include costs, staffing requirements, and resources. The Project Manager will fully understand all contractual commitments and will build a strong relationship with their customer ensuring all parties understand the contractual requirements and Leidos’ approach to achieving them. The Project Manager is responsible for managing risks and opportunities on the project and communicating with Leidos management the details of these risks and opportunities. He or she is also responsible for managing subcontractors to include contractual commitments and correlations with the project baseline. Most importantly, the Project Manager is responsible for building trust with the customer, the production team and teammates, peers, and management. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Previous experience with geospatial data management techniques, products and source materials.
- Lead the project team in source data management.
- Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements.
- Work directly with the customer and sub-contractors for data deliverables and guidance/problem resolutions.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project.
- Create production tracking methodology.
- Undertake status review meetings among project team members and customer.
- Work with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Coach and advise team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or data production issues.
- Control project requirements, scope, and project change issues.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project milestones.
- Develop, propose, and negotiate project proposals, quotations, and add-ons to leadership and the client. Analyze needs and recommend appropriate planning concepts and tools to be used for all facets of planning, scheduling, and tracking projects.
- Analyze production progress/costs to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Integrate and use project management methodologies.
- Report to senior management on project management and status.
- Maintain awareness on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
- 6+ years relevant experience with aeronautical and/or maritime source processing and hosting.
- Active TS/SCI level security clearance is required for consideration.
- Relevant project management training curriculum completion
- 3+ years relevant experience in production leadership with emphasis on schedule, cost, and scope constraints.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.