Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Program Planner / Scheduler in Centennial, CO that will serve as a member for the Antarctic Support Contract scheduling team. The position will be responsible for managing the schedules for several major capital projects (>$1 million) that are focused on revitalizing the US Antarctic Program’s (USAP) facilities around the Antarctic. They will develop project schedules with Control Account Managers and/or Project Managers. The employee will be responsible for applying best scheduling practices to develop the IMS’s. Along with working according to EVM standard EIA-748/GAO reporting and annual surveillance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create and manage schedules using Primavera P6 for large projects compliant with EIA-748/GAO requirements. Creating schedules for new projects as well as continue development and management of existing schedules in all phases of projects.
- Develop, update and generally maintain baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements.
- Conduct critical path and network analysis on schedules.
- Maintain vertical and horizontal traceability between supplemental schedules and integrated master schedule.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Knowledge of and experience in cost-schedule integration between P6 and Cobra.
- Obtain weekly/monthly updates on schedules, including coordination with project managers and major subcontractors.
- Work closely with the project financial analyst to ensure cost-schedule integration is maintained.
- Participate in annual earned-value surveillance, including data calls and interviews.
- Generate weekly schedule status reports for project managers, and other activity reports as required.
- Work closely with Project Managers with development and maintenance of project documentation.
- Conduct Page & Line reviews of project schedules with Control Account Managers
- Receive, analyze, manipulate and enter schedule data from primary subcontractor on project program into project IMS.
- Participate with project manager and project controls analyst to plan, create and implement baseline change requests (BCR).
- Be an active participant in peer reviews of projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of scheduling experience using project scheduling tools such as Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project.
- Earned-value (EIA-748/GAO) knowledge and building schedules that support EVM based projects.
- Knowledge of financial planning/budget planning and tracking.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent Communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Advanced Excel skill set including pivot tables, macros, lookup tables
- Strong understanding of project planning practices, financial and EVM reporting
- Primavera P6
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with National Science Foundation Large Facility Office (LFO)
- Experience with Department of Energy (DOE), Government Accountability Office (GAO), or Department of Defense (DOD) EVMS.
- Strong understanding of ANSI-748C and the NDIA Intent Guide and experience implementing these guidelines
- Deltek COBRA
- May require travel to out of state customer sites
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical and dental examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Per contract requirements, US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.