Leidos is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Configuring SCOM and monitors SQL instances supporting Relativity.
- Trouble-shooting of SQL instances and ensure email distribution of notice.
- Ensures Relativity space issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Reconfigures Cohesity and maintenance on SQL security.
- Creates documentation for SQL and Cohesity.
- Works and/or configures Varonis for migration and assist with hardware issues at CRT datacenter.
- Replaces failed nodes in Cisco hardware as needed.
- Makes upgrades to SQL and converts Oracle to SQL as required.
- Reconfigures clusters utilizing Cohesity as needed.
- Builds servers for Casemap and Relativity.
- Conducts MS SharePoint site collection, administration, maintenance and backup.
- Administers and maintains related server farm utilizing MS SharePoint on Prem 2016 with both Office Online and workflow manager 2013.
- Conducts SharePoint Monthly and Office Online Server (OOS) patching.
- Conducts workflow manager farm maintenance.
- Conducts search health maintenance.
- Conducts InfoPath form changes on InfoPath form designer.
- Conducts workflow changes on SharePoint designer.
- Evaluates and resolves SharePoint issues.
- Conducts STIGS implementation on SharePoint and Workflow farm host.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- At least 8 plus years of hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows, Network Storage Solutions, etc. - will usually be expected.
- Have actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment.
- Have experience with large systems with a complex mix of operating systems and functions.
- Have a good understanding of the specific applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Relativity or other web hosting platforms, etc.
- At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
- Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, and business process analysis.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Able to obtain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines.
- Litigation support experience.
- Supervisory experience very strongly preferred.
- CNE (Certified Netware Engineer) certification highly desirable.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.