From seafloor to cyberspace, Leidos delivers innovative solutions that help our customers protect what’s most important. Our uncompromising focus is on evolving and accelerating readiness, resilience, and strategic modernization. Leidos has nation-scale expertise, working alongside domestic and international organizations and agencies—including the DoD, DISA, and all branches of the U.S. military—to revolutionize and future-proof their capabilities around the world and across domains. We bring to bear a new generation of tools, technologies, and systems that change the way our global customers protect citizens, critical assets and information.
Our location in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania currently has an opportunity for a Microservices Software Architect. Leidos is looking for a Software Architect to support a critical Department of Defense Logistics Management System. As a Software Architect, you will provide critical thought leadership and direction to push the limits of system design and innovation in support of stakeholder requirements.
- Lead technical projects with a range of development teams to architect, build, design, and scale next-generation technology platforms.
- Design and develop complex event driven systems, with Domain Driven Design (DDD) / Behavior Driven Design (BDD) workflows.
- Actively participate in event storming or similar methodology to determine impacted domain candidates for system modernization initiatives.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Set goals, strategies, and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple technologies.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of software engineering, cloud technologies and data engineering to define target architectures, patterns and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of engineering teams, working closely with architects and business leaders.
- Lead tool and technology selection. Drive standardization and reuse of industry leading technology across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree +10 years of Software Engineering experience. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable Microsoft .NET applications.
- Ability to obtain a Secret government clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen for this clearance.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Expert in design, development, and deployment of highly scalable Microsoft .NET Management Information Systems and Application Program Interfaces (API).
- Experience in developing systems that must meet stringent security, accounting, and configuration management auditability requirements.
- Experience with contemporary data engineering development practices.
- Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture, event driven architectures and messaging systems, and in domain driven design.
- Hands on experience with one of the public clouds, such as Amazon or Microsoft.
- Advanced-level knowledge of 3 or more of the following technologies: mobile/web frameworks, hybrid cloud, security and privacy, event streaming, AI/machine learning, Relational Database Management System, microservices, containerization, application program interface (API), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and/or messaging.
- Extensive experience across all software engineering disciplines; architecture, cyber security, quality engineering, site reliability engineering, data engineering.
- Experience with employing change management techniques to prepare, support, and help individuals, teams, and organizations use new technologies and methods.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.