The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an experienced Project Manager for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract at Fort Meade, MD.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and projects in an effort to support the planning and implementation of the GSM-O Innovations Roadmap.
- Work independently, engage with required stakeholders, and execute an end-to-end plan to achieve operational efficiencies within the program.
- Work closely with technical resources to develop an approach, schedule, risks, and staffing requirements to successfully implement the objectives.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas, external stakeholders, and the DISA customer.
- Take into account external activities that may drive dependencies or risks to the plan(s).
- Understand all applicable performance standards, operational impacts, and affected Acceptable Levels of Performance that may be impacted by the change.
- Manage engineering and support personnel against project workload in coordination with engineering & implementation vendors to ensure efficient planning and execution of transition and integration tasking.
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent work experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management abilities.
- Project Management experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- MS Project experience
- Specialized experience includes full life cycle development, demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction for Network Operations, Administration & Maintenance, and Network Assurance tasks.
- Expertise in identifying areas of improvement, critical dependencies, and process changes that enable the Government to attain integrated outcomes that are effective, efficient, sustainable, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Experience coordinating with multiple technical and operational teams to achieve the necessary program, project or activity plans, and schedules while maintaining within budget guidelines.
- Strong understanding of the factors which allow successful performance on a Firm Fixed Performance Based Contracts with aggressive Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs) and ability to drive new projects to successfully transition into this type of contract environment.
- Experience in assigning tasks to contractor personnel that are located in multiple time zones, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance on new task orders and projects identified by the customer.
- PMP Certification
- DISA Experience
- ITIL knowledge and certifications
- External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.