Leidos is looking for several Sr. Instructor with demonstrated expertise in analytic training and instruction, including writing, critical thinking, and presenting. The Sr. Instructor will provide instruction on skill and expertise development as part of a dynamic training program providing courses at all experience levels. The instructor may provide classroom instruction, blended learning instruction, synchronous on-line training, work directly with students to provide feedback on classwork, and/or on-line training. Working with a team of instructional and multimedia designers, the Sr. Instructor may create and develop classroom-based and on-line learning modules. The Sr. Instructor may also be asked to provide planning and management of multiday exercises or plan and coordinate educational outreach trips.
Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to be considered. They should be skilled at both analytic tradecraft skills with direct experience writing and reviewing finished intelligence products and have the expertise to develop, prepare, and deliver high-quality classroom and blended instruction that effectively conveys their expertise to students. The Sr. Instructor should also be skilled at program coordination and logistics, communicating with diverse groups, planning, assessing student learning against curriculum objectives, and classroom instruction. Depending on the training program supported, local, regional, and occasional national travel may be required.
Senior Instructor tasks require considerable expertise to plan, conduct, develop, and/or evaluate training courses and content for beginner to expert-level audiences. The Sr. Instructor will be required to provide instruction, individual or with a team, to audiences of multiple levels on a range of analytic topics. The Sr. Instructor may be required to conceptualize and develop content for training courses, programs, and/or exercises. The Sr. Instructor may be required to lead or assist a team to plan and execute multi-day training exercises. The Sr. Instructor may also be required to provide student product reviews. The reviewing tasks require one-on-one communication with students to review their work projects against program criteria and then provide mentoring and feedback. The Sr. Instructor will provide support as part of an overall curriculum and will coordinate with program managers on course goals, objectives, and learning needs, ensuring all course content and training is consistent with organizational and course goals and objectives. They will be responsible for collaborating with other program instructors and subject matter experts to design course syllabi and materials; get program approvals for the course designs; coordinate with the registrars and relevant stakeholders to offer the course; manage the logistics and planning of the course (secure rooms/set up calls, etc.); identify, secure, and engage outside experts to present at the courses including clearly communicating learning objectives and logistics; ensure classes room smoothly by providing onsite coordination during class; instructing when required; and conduct post course evaluations and communications with students and program stakeholders. The Sr. Instructor will propose improvements to the existing curriculum and help craft modules to push training to a higher level. The Sr. Instructor may be required to work with the multimedia team to development course materials by providing both substantive and instructional expertise.
- A BA degree and at least fifteen(15) years of direct knowledge of and substantial experience with intelligence analysis techniques.
- At least seven (7) years of experience working as an analytic manager and/or analyst, including at experience in providing substantive review of and personal feedback on drafts and briefings to analysts.
- At least ten (10) years of experience with the analytic techniques, tools, methods/procedures & approaches to analysis used in the IC, as well as the academia and the private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the curriculum, instructional and teaching techniques, and evaluation methods used in analytic training.
- Experience in teaching, instructional design, and/or course facilitation and delivery in the IC.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide constructive and targeted feedback on analytic writing, briefing, and critical thinking skills using the standards and guidelines as applied in the IC.
- Experience providing logistical support with demonstrated planning skills including a high attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, quick thinking, and an ability to operate independently.
- Possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Ability to occasionally travel locally and regionally to support training.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of direct knowledge of and substantial experience with intelligence analysis techniques.
- Ten (10) or more years as an analytic manager or senior level analyst with a broad understanding of the analytic issues and challenges faced by analysts.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience with the analytic techniques, tools, methods/procedures & new approaches to analysis used in the IC or the equivalent, as well as the academia and the private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and at least three (3) years of direct substantial experience in delivering and applying the curriculum, instructional and teaching techniques, and evaluation methods used in analytic training.
- Instructor certification or equivalent (such as CPLP or other industry certification).
- Master’s Degree or higher.
- Ability to occasionally travel nationally to support training.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.