Leidos is looking for a Sr. Multimedia Designer to provide high-end multimedia products (animations, visuals, interactive media) for a customer providing online learning modules, creating engaging interactive classroom teaching tools, and developing other unique instruction products using a combination of authoring tools, HTML5, and Adobe or equivalent products. The successful candidate should be a graphic/visual artist who is well-versed in the use of multimedia authoring and development tools to include content organization and interface design for online learning. The Designer should have experience developing engaging products with a focus on effective user interface and engaging user experience design. The position works closely with other developers, instruction designers, and instructors to develop products which incorporate sound adult learning principles, implement techniques that engage the learning, and are globally accessible through a variety of modalities and delivery methods. The designer may be tasked to provide graphic support or interactivity to other projects developed by team members, as well as design and build models or games for use in the classroom. The Sr. Multimedia Designer is expected to implement designs for several delivery platforms including, but not limited to: print media, classroom, websites, mobile devices, and enterprise learning management systems.
- Work as part of a team to develop creative and engaging interactive media in support of learning projects.
- Design and develop engaging visuals, graphics, and animations.
- Provide graphic design support to a variety of tasks, including print products, web banners, stand-alone graphics, graphics and animations for videos, website design, and ad hoc media requests.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of e-learning courses in conjunction with instructional designers and instructors using Moodle and similar tools.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members, such as AV, TI, instructors, and production teams to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Work with customer to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Utilize a training tool and weekly meetings to track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed or before the established due date.
- Communication and promote effective use of new and current technologies to the customer.
- Analyze project options and provide recommendations to address physical and security constraints.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practices and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Maintain credentials as required.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy working with various levels of team members, manages, and customer to identify requirements and develop action plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in web production, graphic design, visual design. animation, cartography, fine arts, or related field.
- At least 12 years of related job experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing special applications such as interactive media and web design, ideally for a learning environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent graphic design or interactive multimedia development / design / programming experience.
- Experience using a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, software, and platforms for the delivery of products such as Moodle, Lectora, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Camtasia, or HTML5.
- Experience designing in and integrating elements from the Adobe Creative Suite or other compositing packages.
- Strong visual design including use of typography, composition, and color.
- Experience implementing user-centric interactive design and web standards.
- Experience developing mock ups, user flows, storyboards, and prototypes to effectively communicate web design.
- Experience generating cohesive, desirable UI/UX design, based on holistic consideration of the users.
- Experience utilizing project tracking mechanisms to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience designing, drafting, planning, and producing designs for instructional programs, videos, multimedia, e-learning and other print, electronic, and multimedia materials independently and with input from subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with copyright and ADA compliance regulations.
- Experience building training products.
- Experience using Moodle.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.