Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Network Supervisor in Centennial, CO that will serve as the supervisor for the Network Engineering team responsible for the continued operation and improvement of the United States Antarctic Program’s (USAP) enterprise network, which spans three continents. The Network Supervisor will supervise and coordinate Network Engineering team tasking, host team planning sessions, track metrics, write and contribute to weekly and monthly reports. This position reports to the Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) Network Infrastructure Manager.
The Network Supervisor must be capable of managing and supporting a team of approximately nine network engineers, for both in-person and remote environments. The candidate should have sufficient domain technical knowledge to gain and retain the respect of all team members and function as a servant leader to the team.
The Network Supervisory must also be capable of preparing designs and plans for network services expansions and upgrades, performing requirements analysis, and providing connectivity according to customer requirements. They must maintain technical expertise in all areas of networking technologies including network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, switches, firewalls, WAN accelerators, VoIP systems, and physical cabling infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Function as a servant leader to the Network Engineering team.
- Assist team members to manage and prioritize workload.
- Assist team members in establishing annual goals.
- Perform team member annual reviews.
- Engage with other USAP functional areas as required to coordinate work.
- Coordinate any modifications to the USAP network environment with other IT departments and affected users.
- Participate in Network Configuration Control Board (CCB) process.
- Develop and submit monthly metrics reports.
- Submit requests for inclusion in Annual Performance Plan (APP).
- Assist with life-cycle management evaluations and recommendations.
- Coordinate with IT&C management to provide the Network Engineering team with the resources necessary to perform all required functions.
- Review USAP grantee Support Information Packages (SIPs) to determine ASC ability to meet requirements.
- Maintain and continue to develop excellent communication skills.
- Work well with others in a diplomatic fashion.
- Maintain a safe workplace program. Ensure that safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Perform other duties as needed.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 6 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven expertise leading technical teams.
- Proven expertise coaching and developing technical teams.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a diplomatic and professional fashion.
- Expertise communicating clearly and effectively through verbal and written means in a timely manner.
- Expertise in primary network topologies, LANs/WANs (Ethernet), TCP/IP protocol (IPv4) and other common network standards.
- Expertise demonstrating the ability to design, implement and support enterprise network switched and routed architectures.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Experience designing and operating networks using routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and static routing.
- Experience designing new systems or upgrades to existing network systems.
- Experience developing Concepts of Operation, Requirements, Basis of Design, and critical design documents and drawings.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with network management applications and related protocols such as SNMP and Netflow.
- Experience with traffic shaping devices, WAN protocol accelerators and bandwidth management.
- Experience with wireless networking technologies in the 802.11 protocol suite.
- Ability to perform fault isolation and resolution in a methodical, thorough manner.
- Understanding of and experience applying Information Security concepts to core network infrastructure and data transport.
- Current and valid Cisco certifications including CCNP, CCDP and CCIE.
- Deep knowledge of QoS, IPSec, VPN technologies and best practices.
- Experience with the configuration and operation of Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimizers.
- Experience with IPv6.
- Experience with the configuration and management of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with the configuration and management of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC).
- Experience with IP Address space management.
- Experience with BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and static routing.
- Experience with IPAM solutions.
- Experience with the configuration and management of VTC systems.
- Experience with data transmission over satellites.
- Experience with the unique requirements of operating in Antarctica.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.