Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn’s 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to support our continued research and development autonomous core system program. The DevOps Engineer works in close collaboration with the software engineering, MBSE, Autonomous Architecture, and System Integration Lab teams and will be responsible for designing, implementing and automating build, release, deployment, monitoring and configuration activities. A successful candidate will have strong priors around automation design and implementation in real-time systems or high-reliability environments.
• Develop, test and maintain build and deployment for CI/CD pipelines.
• Drive the program team toward automation and deployment best practices.
• Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management.
• Actively participate in scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
• Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures and requirements for systems.
• Research, propose, and apply new promising technologies, strategies and ways to solve technical issues.
• Bachelor of Science in Technical field and 4+ years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Experience building out CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar technologies
• Professional experience with Git, Bitbucket, or Mercurial
• Power-user of git with multiple branches, remotes, and synchronization amongst multiple users with experience tracing down merge conflicts for team resolution
• Professional experience with dependency/package managers such as conan.io, npm, or similar tools
• Working familiarity with Gitlab or Atlassian tools with Agile workflows
• Working familiarity with Docker, VirtualBox, and VM/VDI technologies
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
• Working knowledge of JFrog Artifactory, Nexus, or Gitlab Releases and Evidence data repository tools
• 4+ years Linux and Windows system administration
• 3+ years of experience with Bash or Python, ideally in an automation focused capacity
• 2+ years experience using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, or comparable tools for configuration management
• Familiarity with at least one systems-programming language such as C++ or Rust
• Working familiarity with Openshift, Convoy, Kubernetes, and similar technologies
• Experience with Azure or AWS GovCloud
• Experience with Packr, Foreman or similar provisioning management tool
• Experience or interests with UAV operations
• The ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.